With the new Migaprint feature we implemented new important options to improve the shopping experience of your users in the e-commerce of your Migastone app. You can also take advantage of useful setup and monitoring tools directly in the MAB control panel.
Add Ecommerce and Migaprint features in the app
With Migaprint feature, the Home Page of your shop is completely redesigned. On this page, users will be able to clearly see the main information and do actions needed to proceed with the orders: “Open” or “Closed” status of the shop, default waiting time for order fulfillment, button to log in without leaving the page and choosing preferred time for delivery by the customer.
To do this, the following steps must be performed in order:
- Add Ecommerce ffeature in the app but leave this page in DEACTIVATED status. NOTE: this step is mandatory to work with the new Migaprint function and Ecommerce feature combined.
- Configure the Ecommerce feature in the usual way, as written on the dedicated page of our manual. All settings can be made even if the page status is DEACTIVATED.
- Add MIgaprint feature in the app and proceed with its configuration as explained in the following paragraphs of this guide.
From the MAB control panel, click on the Migaprint feature in “My Pages” section.
Then select the “Settings” tab to proceed with Migaprint configuration, this screen will appear:
NOTE: First you need to make some preliminary settings. Only after this step will all the settings of the Migaprint function be made visible.
Store opening and closing
The first setting we find on this page is the selection of the store opening or closing status.
You can choose from three options:
- Auto – Open or closed according to time slots, as we’ll explain in following steps.
- Open – Forced open indefinitely.
- Closed – Forced closed indefinitely.
This selection can be changed later, as needed.
Receipt Delivery selection
You can choose to send orders to the Migaprint printer or alternatively receive them and manage their status via SMS. Select the preferred mode from drop-down menu:
This selection can be modified later: for example, in the event of temporary unavailability of the printer, you can choose to receive orders via APP.
At the end of this guide we will show you how to manage orders directly from your APP.
Shipping address on Home Page
It is possible to have the user choose the shipping address directly on the Home Page, before proceeding with the order. This setting can be hidden (the user will choose the shipping address when checking out), optional (useful for those who also take away) and mandatory.
Order Fetch date
It is necessary to set a start date. From that date the orders will be acquired by the MIgaprint module.
Note: This setting makes it possible to introduce the Migaprint function in apps where the Ecommerce function is already in use: Migaprint will only process orders received from the set date.
WARNING: The date CANNOT be changed.
Delivery times and system notifications
Now you have to set:
- Current estimated processing time showing in the app – Will be displayed on the Shop home page.
- Processing time limit warning – If an operator does not manage the received order within the specified time, an email will be sent to the manager.
- Minimum printer ping time warning – the printer performs periodic checks to verify the connection with the system. If no reply is received in the specified time, an email will be sent to the manager.
- How many times send ping warning? – How many times you want to send the warning that the printer is disconnected from the system.
Ecommerce feature selection
This setting is needed to connect the Ecommerce feature with the Migaprint feature. NOTE: once the selection has been made, it will no longer be editable. At this moment the only possible choice is one: the one is the Ecommerce feature, previously added in the app.
WARNING: This selection CANNOT be changed.
SMS gateway selection
Choose the system with which SMS sending will be managed: MIgastone or Twilio.
In case of use of the Migastone system enter the access data provided by the Customer Service.
NOTE: we will provide further information regarding the configuration of the Twilio service as soon as this option is activated.
With this setting, you can optionally upload an image that will appear on the home page of your store.
Click on the Save button to save the settings made up to this step.
NOTE: the setting sections we will explain below (printers and time slots) will be visible only after saving the settings described above.
This section will be visible only after saving the settings described in the previous paragraphs.
Set up a Migaprint printer for each shop added in the Store function. These shops will be in the “select store” drop-down menu.
It is possible to assign any name to the printer, while “Restaurant id” and “Password” must be codes consisting of at least 8 characters, numeric only. Use codes of your choice, they are only necessary for the printer configuration.
From the “Select INI File” drop-down menu choose version 1.0 or 2.0 depending of your Migaprint printer series.
Then click on “Add Printer” button: the added printer will be visible in the “Printers” list below.
Proceed in this way to connect printers for all your shops.
In the printers list there are two active links:
- Delete – to delete the added Migaprint printer if necessary
- FILE – to export the INI file needed to printed configuration
Time slots setting
Enter the opening time slots, for all days of week in which the store will be open. You can have more than one time slot for each day.
From this section it is necessary to set in which way the order will be notified to the customer and the Opening / Closing labels that the customer will see in the shop home page.
WARNING: you have to proceed with this steps only in the order shown below.
Shop Notifications (processing time text)
This section is located at the bottom of the “Notifications” tab screen. You have to add the text that users will see on the Store home page. It is mandatory to add some text in all four fields which will be displayed:
- When the store is open according to time slots
- When the store is open by manual setting (please read “Settings” chapter of this guide)
- When the store is closed according to time slots
- When the store is closed by manual setting (please read “Settings” chapter of this guide)
This section completes the settings of “Notifications” tab. You have to choose for each type of notification (identified by an item in the drop-down menu) to whom to send the message and you can customize the text of those messages.
The message types in the drop-down menu are:
- Processing Notification: the message sent when the manager accepts the order
- Ping Notification: message sent (to manager only) when there is a connection issue with the Migaprint printer
- Suspended Notification: message sent (to manager only) if the order is suspended for any progressive misalignment
- Refund Notification: message sent to notify that the order was rejected as payment was not accepted (for paypal payment)
- Order Status Notification: message sent to notify the new order status
- Preferred Delivery Time Notification: message sent if the manager decide to change the delivery time chosen by the customer
- SMS: active only if you have chosen SMS as the order receipt mode (see previous paragraphs)
Then select the sending options for each message (at least one option must be ticked for each type of message) and customize the text if necessary. The tags displayed can also be used.
WARNING: it is necessary to make the desired settings for all message types, selecting them from the drop-down menu. Press the SAVE button only after completing all message settings.
App Owners / Admins
Opening this tab you can see the list of registered users in the app:
NOTE: if no app user has registered yet, the list will be empty. The business owner (ie the one who will receive the orders) must be registered in the app before being able to proceed.
Then identify the Owner in the list and click on the “NO” link on the “Is Owner?” column on the corresponding row. By doing this the screen will be reloaded to apply the change, so click again on the “Notifications” tab to return to this page. Now the Owner user will be highlighted in the list like this:
The step just made is mandatory in any case. If you have chosen to receive orders via SMS, you must now enter the mobile phone number of the Owner. We recommend entering the number in any case in order to be able to manage orders even for example without a printer.
To enter the owner’s mobile phone number, proceed as follows:
- Locate the Owner in the list (the one already identified as “Owner” with the step just described.
- In the “Phone” column click on “Edit” and enter the mobile phone number including the international prefix.
- To save the setting click on “Enter” button on the keyboard. By doing this the screen will be reloaded to apply the change, so click again on the “Notifications” tab to return to this page.
This screen will display the orders placed by customers and you can manage their progress status.
The main order statuses will be managed automatically during the progress, based on the actions of the operator to the printer, and according to the type of payment chosen by the customer (for online payments). The manager can also act manually to change the status of an order, selecting it via the drop-down menu.
WARNING: orders are processed by the servers every 10 minutes and will therefore be displayed in the list on this screen only after processing.
You can search for orders using filters and use the button to refresh.
This screen will display analytical data useful for store management.
This screen, for technical / diagnostic use, will show the log of operations managed by the system and the orders managed by the Migaprint printers.
Finally, as with other features of the Migastone apps, you can eventually upload a custom background image.
Cron Job Settings
With our MigaprintV2 module you need to run a Cron Job on the server where your Mobile App Builder is installed.
Here is an example: /usr/local/bin/curl –silent //urlofyourmab/migaprintv2/public_cron/run > /dev/null
Cron schedule have to be set every minute.
Please note that the part of the string “/usr/local/bin/curl” can be different depending on the type of server and make sure to replace the first part of the url in the example above (urlofyourmab) with the url of your MAB platform. If you have no knowledge of the cron job settings on the server side please refer to your sysadmin.
Display and manage Orders from the App
To view and manage the status of orders directly from the APP, the owner / manager must register in the app and be enabled as App Owner / Admin (see in the previous paragraphs of this guide).
WARNING: if you have already logged in and later you set your user as Owner / Admin of the app, remember to log out and then login again for the first time. Otherwise you will not see the administration options explained below.
By accessing the home page of the Migaprint feature from the APP, the owner / operator will see a screen similar to the following:
Facendo click sul pulsante “Coda Ordini” avrà accesso alla lista degli ordini ricevuti:
From this page, first of all, it is possible to Open/Close the shop and select the receipt delivery, Printer or App, as needed.
Also, the main Order informations is displayed in the list:
- Prder Number and Total
- Client’s name
- Order Date and Time
- Order status
- Preferred delivery time (PDT)
The detail of the single order can be viewed by clicking on the “Details” button.
Then, by clicking on the “Receipt” button in correspondence with the order to be managed, you can view the order and accept / modify the delivery time / reject the order:
Demo funzione Migaprint
To try all the Migaprint configuration options you can access our demo platform: https://demo.migastone.com